Wednesday 30 January 2013

Mo' Soul - Episode 1

So here we go with Episode 1!

This is a touch under 50 minutes of straight up stone cold Soul and Funk to hopefully brighten your day and give you a short taste of things to come.

I've recently been spending a lot of time digging back through some long forgotten corners of my collection, having finally gotten round to filing my records in some semblance of order.

There's a few sides within this mix that are I'm really glad to be able to share with you. Arthur Griswold, Glenda Dove, Lee Fields and Nick Waterhouse to name but a few. The last 2 are new artists who both deserve your ears, as well as your support!

The Lee Fields 45 is, in my humble opinion, one of the best records that was released in 2012 and should be something that touches anyone with even a passing interest in Soul music. Nick Waterhouse has been putting a refreshing spin on R&B as well and his 45 releases lately are a welcome addition to my collection.

The Ike and Tina Turner track that I close the mix out with is one of my top 10 records. In true 'High Fidelity' style don't ask me exactly where though as we'll be here all day long! This was a record that was introduced to me by my best friend, also a fellow collector and always reminds me of good times, as only music can!

As a record, it is as good as any, wrought with emotion and an underlying feeling which is very hard to describe. I discovered it during a point in my record collecting when I was turning up a lot of good music but even after all these years, it still sounds as exciting and fresh as the day I first heard it!

Anyway, enough rambling! Strap in, turn up the volume and I'll see you back here soon with Episode 2.

Ben

TRACKLIST

Brothers By Choice - Baby You Really Got Me Going - ALA Records

Arthur Griswold & The Organics - Pretty Mama Blues - Toledo

Jimmy Robins - I Can't Please You - Jerhart

Nick Waterhouse - I Can Only Give You Everything - ILRecords

The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter - A&M Records

Vicki Anderson - You're Welcome Stop On By - Polydor

Bobby Bland - I'm Tired - Duke

St. Louis Union - Respect - Decca

Lee Austin (The Burner) - Gimme Your Hand - Identify

Family Of Eve - I Want To Be Loved By You - Lotus Land

Pat Lewis - No One To Love - Solid Hit

Lee Fields & The Expressions - You're The Kind Of Girl -Truth & Soul

Bill Doggett & Orchestra - Funky Feet - Chumley Records

Glenda Dove - It's Gotta Be Something Else - Lucky Dove

Little Buck - Little Boy Blue - Seven B

Joe Tex - You Said A Bad Word - Mercury

Ike & Tina Turner - It's All Over - Warner Bros

LISTEN TO EPISODE 1 HERE

Mo' Soul - Episode 1 by Mo' Soul on Mixcloud


No comments:

Post a Comment