Monday 5 May 2014

***LP PREVIEW*** Joe Olnick - Up All Night




They say that music is an international language that brings people together, and Harrisburg, PA guitarist Joe Olnick is proving it once again!

His classic CD Up All Night has been remastered and expanded. Working with a local drummer, Joe wrote, recorded, and produced the CD, playing all other instruments. The singles “Beach House” and “Dire” have been streamed and loved all over the world, with particularly strong sales at iTunes Europe.

“I've always loved instrumental music, and having lived overseas when I was younger, I had a hunch that my original material would do well,” Joe said recently. “Not only have I been getting fan e-mails from across the USA, but I have been getting a steady stream of support from all over the world: UK, Hong Kong, Australia, Mexico, Russia, Israel and even Kenya. I just got an e-mail today from a new fan in Romania.”

Having worked full-time at radio stations and as an audio engineer at a professional recording studio, Joe set high standards for himself. He knew that standing out from everybody else would require not only audiophile production but also something to say that anybody could relate to.

Joe has always been inspired all of his life by musicians that crossed musical as well as geographic boundaries such as Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Jerry Garcia, Brian Eno, Nels Cline and Medeski, Martin & Wood.

“My very first memories are of sitting around a turntable and listening to albums by The Ventures that my family would stack up and play for me,” according to Joe. “They were a band that was big here as well as overseas, and now I'm starting to see similar success. It's a great feeling to be able to communicate moods & emotions in a creatively satisfying, personal manner like this and have people around the country and the globe be moved enough by it to want to contact me.”

Joe's creativity extends to working with friends on musical projects, as a lead guitarist and in other ways, too. His audio engineering skills have helped bands to get signed to major labels, but he is also well known for his stage lighting design that he has donated to help out other bands that he supports. One of the first lighting designers in the US to utilize LED lighting, he has worked to scale down arena-style lighting to smaller clubs.

“At one point I was getting calls from all over the Northeast US for lighting work, and I had to decline so that I could concentrate on my real passion, which is writing and recording my original material,” Joe says. His creative success continues!

He is currently working on more material, due out later this year.

Website: http://www.joeolnick.com
E-mail: joe@joeolnick.com
Phone: 717 763 1902



www.joeolnick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment